Phoenix Explosion Injury Attorney
How Will the Kelly Law Team Help My Case?
When an explosion occurs, the first question many ask is what was the cause? After ensuring that you are receiving proper medical care for your injuries, our firm will conduct a comprehensive investigation into the disaster. We will also work with medical and, if necessary, financial professionals, to properly evaluate your injuries. And through either settlement or trial, we will obtain full and fair compensation for your loss.
What Causes Explosions?
It is impossible to list all the possible causes of an explosion leading to personal injuries. But some of the more common causes are listed below, along with some specific examples:
- Gas explosions. A gas explosion can occur in a factory, a home, or anywhere that gas lines exists or where gas is stored. Anywhere there is a gas leak and an ignition source, an explosion is possible.
- Industrial accidents. Industrial explosions occur on a regular basis in the defense industry (munitions explosions); the energy industry (gas pipeline explosions); the food industry (flour dust explosions, grain elevator explosions); the manufacturing industry (boiler explosions, molten metal explosions); and the mining industry (methane and coal dust explosions).
- Steam explosions. When cold liquid comes into contact with molten metal, an explosive reaction may take place. These reactions are known as steam or vapor explosions.
- Pipe explosions. This generally refers to explosions of a gas pipeline, which are generally caused by negligence, careless, and in some cases violations of Occupational and Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines and regulations.
- Construction accidents. Explosions at construction sites cause, according to OSHA, dozens of deaths, and countless injuries each year. The injuries are often severe, including not only burns, but also eye, ear, brain, and other trauma.
- Propane tank explosions. Propane tanks do not explode when they are properly constructed and operated safely. But these tanks may rupture due to a boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion (BLEVE). A tank subjected to extreme heat may reach the point where the pressure inside the tank is so high that it cannot be expelled through the relief valve, causing an explosion.
- Transpiration. Explosions can occur as the result of a collision on the roadway. In addition, it is estimated that more than 3 billion tons of Hazardous Materials are transported within the United States each year. Many of those materials, such as flammable, explosive, and corrosive items, may cause an explosion during the transportation process.
- Defective appliances and other products. Some of the appliances involved in explosions include, among other things, common household items such as stoves, barbeque grills, water heaters, central heating systems, and furnaces. Many of these items also can be found in workplace settings, and therefore present the possibility of a gas explosion.
These are just examples of the many types of explosions that can cause serious personal injuries, and is some cases, death.
Compensation for Injuries Suffered in an Explosion
Like many other personal injury cases, the loss in an explosion can include a variety of items, among them pain and suffering, lost wages and other income, doctor and hospital bills, future medical expenses, loss of earning capacity, and more. Because of the devastation brought on by explosions, the dollar value of these losses is often very high.
Explosion Injury Attorney in Phoenix, AZ
If you or a loved one has been injured in an explosion, the first step in attempting to get your life back in order, and receiving the compensation to which you are entitled, is to speak to an experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer. At the Kelly Law Team, we represent plaintiffs in personal injury cases. We understand the work required to ensure that our clients are protected and that they receive the highest possible award or settlement. Contact us to discuss your case. Your initial consultation is free, and you will be provided with an honest evaluation of your case. In addition, we will explain how we will investigate the cause of the explosion, determine those responsible for your injuries, and seek the best result on your behalf.